TV channel and how to watch Premier League derby at Old Trafford today December 13, 2020 – Posted in: Soccer
Manchester rivals United and City face off in the Premier League later today.
Both teams won last time out in the top-flight with United seeing off West Ham and City beating Fulham.
The pressure is still on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following United’s Champions League exit in midweek.
He’ll want to silence his critics this weekend but that won’t be easy against Pep Guardiola’s City.
Man United v Man City: Date and kick-off time
This match will be held at Old Trafford on Saturday, December 12 and will kick-off at 5:30pm.
United claimed an impressive league double over City last season including a 2-0 win in this fixture.
Man United v Man City: TV channel and live stream
The game is being broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League from 5pm and follows their coverage of Newcastle v West Brom.
Sky Sports customers can live stream this via the app using their mobile, tablet or computer devices.
If not, you can purchase a Sky Sports Day Pass from NowTV for £8.99.
Man United v Man City: How to listen
Full coverage from Old Trafford will be live on talkSPORT, with our coverage starting at 5pm.
Faye Carruthers will be your host before commentary from Sam Matterface, Trevor Sinclair and Paul Parker.
To tune in, click the radio player below or HERE for the live stream.
Man United v Man City: Team news
Man United: De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford, Greenwood.
Subs: Bailly, Mata, Martial, Henderson, Telles, Matic, Van de Beek.
Man City: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo, Rodri, Fernandinho, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Sterling, Jesus.
Subs: Gundogan, Steffen, Laporte, Bernardo, Torres, Mendy, Foden.
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Man United v Man City: Match stats and facts
- Manchester United won both Premier League meetings with Manchester City last season – they last won three in a row in the competition against their local rivals between November 2008-April 2010 (four wins).
- Manchester City have won seven Premier League away games at Old Trafford, more than any other visiting side, with six of their seven such victories away to Manchester United coming in the previous nine seasons.
- Just 21% of Manchester United’s Premier League points this season have been won in home games (4/19), the lowest share in the division so far this term.
- Manchester United have won a league-high 15 points from losing positions this season (all away from home), with their victory against West Ham last time out putting them top of this particular stat all-time for the Premier League (385 points).
- Manchester City have lost five Premier League away games in 2020, last losing more in a single calendar year in the competition back in 2015 (7).
- Manchester City have won their last two Premier League games by an aggregate score of 7-0 – that’s as many goals as they’d netted in their previous seven league games combined, while they’re looking to keep three consecutive league clean sheets for the first time since a run of four in April/May 2019.
- Of all managers to have faced Man City boss Pep Guardiola at least four times in all competitions, Man Utd’s Ole Gunnar Solskjær has the highest win rate against the Spaniard, with the Norwegian winning three of their five meetings (60%).
- Man Utd’s Anthony Martial has scored in three of his last four Premier League appearances against Man City, including netting home and away against the Citizens last term. The last Man Utd player to score in three consecutive Manchester derby appearances in the league was Eric Cantona, who did so in five straight games between March 1993-April 1996.
- Since his Premier League debut in February, Manchester United’s Bruno Fernandes has been involved in more goals in the competition than any other player, racking up 15 goals and 11 assists in just 24 games.
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling has never scored in 16 Premier League appearances against Manchester United, at least 10 games more than he’s faced any other side in the competition without a goal. Sterling has had 29 attempts in these matches (13 on target), while the last English player to score in a Manchester derby for City in the league was James Milner in April 2013.