Nottingham Forest v Fulham LIVE commentary: Newly promoted sides clash as Premier League returns, Aleksandar Mitrovic eyes records September 15, 2022 – Posted in: Soccer
Nottingham Forest will look to move out of the Premier League’s relegation zone when they host Fulham on Friday evening.
Both sides were beaten last time out and have since had a week’s rest after all of the top-flight’s fixtures were postponed last weekend.
Forest made a record 22 signings in the summer transfer window but have only won one game so far this term, losing their previous three.
Meanwhile, Marco Silva’s Fulham have impressed in their opening six games, sitting in 10th place with star striker Aleksandar Mitrovic second in the top scorer rankings.
The Cottagers won this fixture convincingly in the Championship last campaign, handing Steve Cooper his first loss as Forest manager.
Nottingham Forest vs Fulham: talkSPORT coverage
This Premier League fixture will take place on Friday, September 16th.
Kick-off at the City Ground at 8pm.
talkSPORT 2 will provide exclusive live coverage of the game with commentary from Joe Shennan and former England striker Dean Ashton.
To tune in to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 through the website, click HERE for the live stream. You can also listen via the talkSPORT app, on DAB digital radio, through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
Nottingham Forest vs Fulham: Team news
Forest will still be without three of their new signings as Orel Mangala, Moussa Niakhate and Omar Richards remain sidelined.
Their opponents will also be missing one of their new men with winger Manor Solomon likely to be unavailable.
Antonee Robinson was substituted with an ankle injury in Fulham’s game against Spurs so Marco Silva may start with Kevin Mbabu in defence.
Harry Wilson is also expected to miss out on Friday.
Nottingham Forest vs Fulham: What’s been said?
Cottagers boss Silva is expecting a tough game at the City Ground.
“It will be a really competitive match against a side who had a really strong market in the summer,” he said.
“They want to get points, but we want the same and our approach will be the same. We go there to fight, to match them, to get the points.
“That’s our way, it’s always our aim and ambition for the match.”
Nottingham Forest vs Fulham: Match facts
- Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored six goals in Fulham’s opening six Premier League matches this season, netting in the last four in a row. The last player to score in five consecutive Premier League appearances for a newly promoted team was Peter Odemwingie in May 2011 for West Brom. No player has scored in five consecutive Premier League appearances for the Cottagers.
- Nottingham Forest’s Brennan Johnson has scored 18 league goals since the start of last season, more than any other player aged 21 or under in England’s top four tiers.
- No team has used more different players in the Premier League this season than Fulham (23). Despite this, the Cottagers have made the joint-fewest changes to their starting XI so far this term (3).
- Fulham are averaging 1.5 goals-per-game in the Premier League this season (9 goals in 6 games), more than double their average from their last campaign in the competition in 2020-21 (0.7). Indeed, it’s their highest ever goals-per-game ratio in a Premier League season.
- Nottingham Forest are the only side to have faced 100+ shots in the Premier League this season (104), while they’ve also faced the most shots on target (42) and have the highest expected goals against tally this term (12).
- Nottingham Forest have lost their last three Premier League games – they last lost more consecutively in the top-flight between August and September 1992 (6).
- This will be Nottingham Forest’s 205th Premier League game, but their first ever on a Friday. Meanwhile, having won their first Premier League game on a Friday in December 2003 (2-0 v Southampton), Fulham are winless in their last five such matches (D1 L4).
- Fulham have won five of their last seven league games against Nottingham Forest since 2017 (L2), as many as in their previous 20 against them between 1968 and 2016 (D7 L8).
- Fulham have won each of their last three away league games against Nottingham Forest. They last won four consecutively on the road against an opponent against Middlesbrough, between 1972 and 1984.
- This is the first ever Premier League meeting between Nottingham Forest and Fulham, with their last top-flight encounter ending 2-2 at the City Ground in April 1968.