Liverpool star Diogo Jota could be out for TWO MONTHS and miss Manchester United, Man City and two clashes against Tottenham December 13, 2020 – Posted in: Soccer
Another injury problem for Liverpool is on the horizon with Diogo Jota potentially out for TWO MONTHS.
The forward has already been ruled out of the Reds’ trip to Fulham on Sunday with a knee injury, but the club are unwilling to put a timescale on his return.
But Record, a newspaper in Jota’s native Portugal, reports per the Daily Star that he’s facing up to eight weeks on the sidelines.
The report further claims that the 24-year-old’s problem is serious and worse than first feared by Liverpool’s medical staff.
Jota picked up the injury during Liverpool’s draw to FC Midtjylland on Wednesday – a match that had no bearing on the Reds’ ability to qualify for the knockout stage as group winners.
This would be a huge blow for Liverpool as Jota has settled in extremely well since joining the club from Wolves, scoring nine goals in 15 appearances.
He’s provided good competition for the settled front three but now he’s facing the prospect of missing some crucial Premier League clashes, including league matches against Manchester City and Manchester United as well as against leaders Tottenham twice.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admitted he had a few problems ahead of the Premier League clash this weekend.
“We had a game two days ago and after the game we obviously had some niggles I would say, but [they] can be more, we have to see,” the German said. “The diagnoses are not finally done.
Liverpool matches Diogo Jota could miss
- 13/12/20 – Fulham vs Liverpool (Premier League)
- 16/12/20 – Liverpool vs Tottenham (Premier League)
- 19/12/20 – Crystal Palace vs Liverpool (Premier League)
- 27/12/20 – Liverpool vs West Brom (Premier League)
- 30/12/20 – Newcastle vs Liverpool (Premier League)
- 02/01/21 – Southampton vs Liverpool (Premier League)
- 08/01/21 – Aston Villa vs Liverpool (FA Cup)
- 13/01/21 – Liverpool vs Burnley (Premier League)
- 16/01/21 – Liverpool vs Manchester United (Premier League)
- 27/01/21 – Tottenham vs Liverpool (Premier League)
- 30/01/21 – West Ham vs Liverpool (Premier League)
- 03/02/21 – Liverpool vs Brighton (Premier League)
- 06/02/21 – Liverpool vs Manchester City (Premier League)
- 13/02/21 – Leicester vs Liverpool (Premier League)
*FA Cup fourth round ties weekend commencing January 23. FA Cup fifth round ties on February 10
*Champions League last-16 first leg dates not finalised
“Kostas [Tsimikas] we have to see, Diogo we have to see – he got a knock as well. That’s it from the game, I think.
“Apart from that, Oxlade [Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain] is in normal training. He has been doing parts of training now for a week or so, he is now in full training and we will see.
“So the situation probably demands to involve him as soon as possible, but I don’t know if the weekend is that already. Nobody else is coming back, I’m afraid.”