How to watch Premier League clash at Elland Road tonight December 11, 2020 – Posted in: Soccer
Leeds host West Ham tonight in an exciting-looking Premier League clash.
Both sides will want to bounce back from their top-flight defeats last weekend.
Leeds were beaten 3-1 by Chelsea while West Ham lost by the scoreline to Manchester United.
The Hammers can move up into the top five with a victory in Yorkshire.
Leeds v West Ham: Date and kick-off time
This match will be held at Elland Road on Friday, December 11 and will kick-off at 8pm.
This will be the first time these two have met since a Championship clash in March 2012.
That match finished in a 1-1 draw after Luciano Becchio’s opener was cancelled out by Danny Collins.
Leeds v West Ham: TV channel and live stream
The game is being broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League from 7:30pm.
Sky Sports customers can live stream this via the app using their mobile, tablet or computer devices.
If not, you can purchase a Sky Sports Day Pass from NowTV for £8.99.
Leeds v West Ham: Team news
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa has already announced his line-up for the match, claiming it will be: Meslier, Dallas, Ayling, Cooper, Alioski, Phillips, Klich, Moreno, Raphinha, Bamford and Harrison.
Robin Koch will be out for up to three months following knee surgery while Diego Llorente is nursing a muscle strain.
Adam Forshaw and Jay-Roy Grot remain out.
West Ham striker Michail Antonio is a doubt due to a hamstring injury and so Sebastien Haller is likely to continue deputise.
Ryan Fredericks could return following a three-match absence with a groin strain.
Arthur Masuaku looks set to miss out with a knee problem.
Leeds v West Ham: Match stats and facts
- This will be the first league meeting between Leeds and West Ham since the 2011-12 Championship campaign, when both games ended in draws with the away side equalising in the 90th minute both times.
- West Ham are winless in their last nine meetings with Leeds in all competitions (D4 L5) since a 1-0 win at Elland Road in November 2000 courtesy of a Nigel Winterburn goal.
- This is the first Premier League meeting between Leeds and West Ham since a 1-0 home win for the Whites in February 2003.
- Leeds have never lost a top-flight home game played on a Friday (W3 D6), drawing both such games in the Premier League (1-1 v Newcastle in April 1994, 0-0 with Aston Villa in December 2003).
- Away from home, West Ham have lost their last three Friday Premier League games without scoring a single goal, with their last such victory coming at Portsmouth in December 2008 (4-1).
- West Ham have opened the scoring in each of their last six Premier League games – only once have they scored the first goal in more consecutive Premier League matches (7 between February-April 2002).
- After winning their first home league game of the season 4-3 against Fulham, Leeds are winless in their last four at Elland Road (D2 L2), netting just two goals in this run.
- Leeds United’s Patrick Bamford has scored eight goals in his 11 Premier League games this season; he’s averaging a goal every 118 minutes this term, compared to one every 216 in the Championship last term, while his shot conversion rate is 18.6% this season compared to 11.2% in 2019-20.
- West Ham’s Jarrod Bowen has scored two goals in his three league games against Leeds at Elland Road, netting a brace in Hull’s 2-0 win at the ground in December 2018.
- West Ham’s Aaron Cresswell has created more chances than any other defender in the Premier League this season (20), while he’s also created more chances from set plays than any other player in the competition so far this term (12).