Full coverage of derby clash as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to save job December 11, 2020 – Posted in: Soccer
Manchester United host rivals Manchester City in a Premier League blockbuster this Saturday.
United are sixth in the top-flight table and lead near-neighbours City by a point and a place.
The Red Devils have won four on the bounce in the league, including a 3-1 victory at West Ham last weekend.
But the pressure continues to build on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following their Champions League exit in midweek.
They take on a City side who have breezed past Marseille and Fulham this week and now have Sergio Aguero back.
talkSPORT will be in Manchester for this huge derby clash.
Man United v Man City: How to listen
This match will get under way at 5:30pm on Saturday, December 12.
Full coverage from Old Trafford will be live on talkSPORT, with our coverage starting at 5pm.
Faye Carruthers will be your host before commentary from Sam Matterface, Trevor Sinclair and Paul Parker.
To tune in, click the radio player below or HERE for the live stream.
Here are the other ways to listen…
App iPhone – Download from the Apple store
Android – Download from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is available across the United Kingdom via DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Listen to talkSPORT through your TV on the following channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Man United v Man City: Team news
Edinson Cavani and Anthony Martial are both doubts for United.
It remains to be seen if Paul Pogba will start following the well-documented comments from his agent last week.
Phil Jones remains out while Jesse Lingard is unlikely to feature.
For City, Sergio Aguero is fit to return and should start up top.
Ilkay Gundogan came off early in the Champions league in midweek and is a doubt with an ankle issue.
Eric Garcia also had to go off early against Marseilla and could miss out.
Man United v Man City: Match stats and facts
- Manchester United won both Premier League meetings with Manchester City last season – they last won three in a row in the competition against their local rivals between November 2008-April 2010 (four wins).
- Manchester City have won seven Premier League away games at Old Trafford, more than any other visiting side, with six of their seven such victories away to Manchester United coming in the previous nine seasons.
- Just 21% of Manchester United’s Premier League points this season have been won in home games (4/19), the lowest share in the division so far this term.
- Manchester United have won a league-high 15 points from losing positions this season (all away from home), with their victory against West Ham last time out putting them top of this particular stat all-time for the Premier League (385 points).
- Manchester City have lost five Premier League away games in 2020, last losing more in a single calendar year in the competition back in 2015 (7).
- Manchester City have won their last two Premier League games by an aggregate score of 7-0 – that’s as many goals as they’d netted in their previous seven league games combined, while they’re looking to keep three consecutive league clean sheets for the first time since a run of four in April/May 2019.
- Of all managers to have faced Man City boss Pep Guardiola at least four times in all competitions, Man Utd’s Ole Gunnar Solskjær has the highest win rate against the Spaniard, with the Norwegian winning three of their five meetings (60%).
- Man Utd’s Anthony Martial has scored in three of his last four Premier League appearances against Man City, including netting home and away against the Citizens last term. The last Man Utd player to score in three consecutive Manchester derby appearances in the league was Eric Cantona, who did so in five straight games between March 1993-April 1996.
- Since his Premier League debut in February, Manchester United’s Bruno Fernandes has been involved in more goals in the competition than any other player, racking up 15 goals and 11 assists in just 24 games.
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling has never scored in 16 Premier League appearances against Manchester United, at least 10 games more than he’s faced any other side in the competition without a goal. Sterling has had 29 attempts in these matches (13 on target), while the last English player to score in a Manchester derby for City in the league was James Milner in April 2013.