Aubameyang handed Blues debut as Kepa replaces Mendy as Tuchel looks for winning Champions League start in Croatia September 6, 2022 – Posted in: Soccer
Chelsea will be keen to lay down a marker as they open their Champions League campaign with a trip to Croatia to face Dinamo Zagreb this evening.
The Blues will be looking to put their uneven start to the Premier League season to one side after taking 10 points from their opening six matches.
Thomas Tuchel has seen his side concede nine goals already this term – which would have been double figures had VAR not come to the rescue during Chelsea’s 2-1 win over West Ham on Saturday.
The German has completely overhauled his backline during a chaotic transfer window and will hope now that it is closed that his new-look squad will settle.
- Zagreb XI: Livakovic, Ristovski, Josip Sutalo, Peric, Moharrami, Misic, Ljubicic, Ivanusec, Ademi, Orsic, Petkovic.
- Subs: Zagorac, Stefulj, Lauritsen, Baturina, Emreli, Bockaj, Drmic, Marin, Theophile-Catherine, Bulat, Nevistic, Spikic.
- Chelsea XI: Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Fofana, Koulibaly, James, Mount, Kovacic, Chilwell, Havertz, Aubameyang, Sterling.
- Subs: Jorginho, Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek, Bettinelli, Chalobah, Mendy, Broja, Zakaria, Ziyech, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Cucurella.
- talkSPORT will have updates throughout the day and you can listen through our radio player below
Follow our live match blog for regular updates…